Friday, April 8, 2011

Better Understandings

William Shakespeare is quite an inspiration to me. Shakespeare is my favorite poet/play write, and has been since I was young. I was recently reading over some of Shakespeare's work, and found myself really thinking about the messages that Shakespeare has presented us with. Shakespeare has put life messages into all of his plays and I think that is what has made him such a great poet. Shakespeare uses Irony and Tragedy to really communicate his messages to the reader. Shakespeare tends to focus on the human flaws and how if we aren't careful, they can over come us. Shakespeare, in not only my mind but a lot of other minds as well, was a sheer genius when it came to play writing. Yes, it is true that Shakespeare is no longer alive, but his poetry and plays have lived on. Today, 394 years after his death, schools are still teaching their students about him and people are still preforming his work. Shakespeare is a legend and lives on in the hearts and minds of his readers. Three of my favorite plays are all Shakespeare's work and they are all tragedies. I decided to create a blog of these three Shakespeare plays, discussing the human flaw, Irony, and the real message behind each play. I hope to show the works of Shakespeare for what they truly are and to help my readers obtain a better understanding of Shakespeare and the messages and truths he has put into his plays for the readers to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment